Sonographer to perform ultrasounds. Sonographer to prepare patients explains the exam, perform the procedure and transmit the ultrasound for diagnostic review.
- Review physician orders and place patients in the examination rooms.
- Use of high tech sonography equipment to produce images for ordered procedure.
- Perform screening and measuring procedures according to protocol.
- Communication with the patient and ensuring their comfort during the procedure.
- Use good judgment when reviewing images to provide the best ultrasound for the Physician who will read the ultrasound.
- Maintain, scan patient charts into EMR
- Ensure patient results and correspondences are reviewed in a timely manner by the physician and appropriate follow up is performed according to the physician?s direction
- Maintain an adequate supply of inventory in each of the exam rooms while ensuring the cleanliness of the examination room
- Ensure HIPAA guidelines are followed