We are looking for a Board Certified Obstetrician/Gynecologist to join our very active practice that includes two full time board certified OB/GYNs, two nurse practitioners and full time sonographers. Work in a private office setting supported by the vast resources of Stony Brook Medicine. The practice is a division of Stony Brook Community Medical, PC. Our goal is to provide the community with a level of quality care, cutting-edge treatments and personalized attention. Our practice is in Suffolk County Long Island within easy access of Stony Brook University Hospital and other area hospitals. We are located in Port Jefferson Station, which is 60 miles from Manhattan, 20 miles away from ocean beaches and 35 miles to the Hamptons.
- Provides health care to patients including diagnosis and treatment as team leader.
- Obtains medical histories, performs physical examinations, and makes diagnosis, and orders appropriate, standard laboratory and diagnostic procedures as necessary.
- Evaluates procedure results. Provides preventative as well as acute care.
- Provides continuity of care by developing and implementing patients’ plan of care.
- Provides patient education about underlying medical condition, self-management of acute or chronic illnesses and tailors instructions to patients’ individual circumstances.
- Instructs and counsels patients regarding therapeutic regimens, promoting wellness and health maintenance.
- Prescribes medications.
- Documents exam and progress notes in the Electronic Medical Record. Provides referral letters as needed.
- Collects, monitors and reports on patient outcomes.
- Share night and weekend call coverage with other Physicians.
- Ensure HIPAA guidelines are followed at all times.
- Responsible for the conduct and care given by other clinical office staff including nurses, medical assistants and technologists. The physician is the head of the clinical team.
- Responsible for conduct and patient interaction of shadowing medical students, physician extenders and nursing interns.
- Responsible for meeting quality benchmarks established by Population Health, Payors, NYS DOH or Center for Medicare/Medicaid Services.
- Follows established evidence based practices and assures good quality patient care.
- Must build a patient population base to generate revenue to cover salary & expenses.