Preeminent 14-physician Cardiology practice on Long Island, New York is seeking a well-trained, noninvasive cardiologist and/or heart failure specialist to address retirement and expansion needs. Practice is one of the oldest and well-established Cardiology practices in Suffolk County, and includes EP, interventional and noninvasive Cardiology. The practice is located in an excellent community on Long Island, approximately one hour from New York City and the Hamptons. Four convenient office locations and affiliation with three hospitals, including a tertiary care center. Well-balanced mixture of inpatient and outpatient responsibilities. Excellent compensation and benefits package commensurate with training and experience. Ideal candidate would be BC/BE in cardiology, nuclear cardiology, and echocardiography. Proficiency in cardiac CTA and vascular interpretation is a plus.
- Provides health care to patients including diagnosis and treatment as team leader.
- Obtains medical histories, performs physical examinations, and makes diagnosis, and orders appropriate, standard laboratory and diagnostic procedures as necessary.
- Evaluates procedure results. Provides preventative as well as acute care.
- Provides continuity of care by developing and implementing patients’ plan of care.
- Provides patient education about underlying medical condition, self-management of acute or chronic illnesses and tailors instructions to patients’ individual circumstances.
- Instructs and counsels patients regarding therapeutic regimens, promoting wellness and health maintenance.
- Prescribes medications.
- Documents exam and progress notes in the Electronic Medical Record. Provides referral letters as needed.
- Collects, monitors and reports on patient outcomes.
- Share night and weekend call coverage with other Physicians in a Call Group.
- Ensure HIPAA guidelines are followed at all times.
- Responsible for the conduct and care given by other clinical office staff including nurses, medical assistants and technologists. The physician is the head of the clinical team.
- Responsible for conduct and patient interaction of shadowing medical students, physician extenders and nursing interns.
- Responsible for meeting quality benchmarks established by Population Health, Payors, NYS DOH or Center for Medicare/Medicaid Services.
- Follows established evidence based practices and assures good quality patient care.
- Must build a patient population base to generate revenue to cover salary & expenses.