The Office Manager is the onsite manager responsible for the day-to-day operations of the practice. The Office Manager reports to the Director of Operations.
- Oversees daily office operations and delegates authority to assigned staff.
- Assist in developing and implements short and long-term work plans and objectives for clerical functions.
- Assist staff in understanding/implementing clinical policies and procedures
- Develops guidelines for prioritizing work activities, evaluating effectiveness and modifying activities as necessary. Ensures that office is staffed appropriately.
- Assist in the recruiting, hiring, orientation, development and evaluation of clerical staff.
- Establishes and maintains an efficient and responsive patient flow system.
- Oversees and approves office supply inventory, ensures that mail is opened and processed and offices are opened and closed according to procedures.
- Supports and upholds established policies, procedures, objectives, quality improvement, safety, environmental, infection control, codes, and requirement of accreditation and regulatory agencies.
- Oversees and approves office invoices and submits in timely fashion to accounting for processing.
- Provides schedules input into Cerner and manages providers’ schedules and makes necessary changes.
- Address patient concerns and handles patient correspondence. Communicates with billing supervisor to correct billing errors in all offices.
- Manages and approves employees’ biweekly payroll.