The Nurse Practitioner collaborates with the Physician in an office setting.
Essential Job Functions:
- Under the direction and supervision of a license physician, provides health care to patients including diagnosis and treatment.
- Obtains medical histories, performs physical examinations, makes diagnosis and orders appropriate laboratory and diagnostic tests.
- Under the supervision of physician, obtains medical histories, performs physical examinations, makes diagnosis and orders appropriate and standard laboratory and diagnostic procedures as necessary in the office.
- Evaluates procedure results and finding to physicians.
- Provides continuity of care by developing and implementing patient’s plan of care.
- Provides patient education about underlying medical condition, self-management of acute or chronic illnesses and tailors instructions to patients’ individual circumstances. Instructs and counsels patients regarding therapeutic regimens, promoting wellness and health maintenance.
- Review test results.
- Develops patient’s plan of care.
- Prescribes medications.
- Administers immunizations.
- Documents exam and progress notes. Provides referral letters as needed.
- In addition to office visits, the Nurse Practitioner will perform other duties as assigned by supervising physicians.
- Ensure HIPPA guidelines are followed at all times.