Our neurology practice is seeking a board-certified or board-eligible neurologist to join our team full time. The successful applicant will work with two other neurologists and a physician assistant. We are incredibly flexible and welcome recently trained residents. Compensation is above average and depends in part on experience. No on-call weekend work is necessary.
- Provides health care to patients including diagnosis of neurological conditions such as stroke, dementia and neuromuscular diseases and treatment.
- Obtains medical histories, performs physical examinations, and makes diagnosis, and orders appropriate, standard laboratory and diagnostic procedures as necessary.
- Must be competent to perform electrodiagnostic studies, NCV/EMG and EEG as needed.
- Evaluates procedure results. Provides preventative as well as acute care.
- Provides continuity of care by developing and implementing patients plan of care.
- Provides patient education about underlying medical condition, self-management of acute or chronic illnesses and tailors instructions to patients individual circumstances.
- Instructs and counsels patients regarding therapeutic regimens, promoting wellness and health maintenance.
- Prescribes medications.
- Documents exam and progress notes in the Electronic Medical Record. Provides referral letters as needed.
- Collects, monitors and reports on patient outcomes.
- Rotate call coverage with other Physicians in a Call Group.
- Ensure HIPAA guidelines are followed at all times.
- Responsible for the conduct and care given by other clinical office staff including nurses, medical assistants and technologists. The physician is the head of the clinical team.
- Responsible for conduct and patient interaction of shadowing medical students, physician extenders and nursing interns.
- Responsible for meeting quality benchmarks established by Population Health, Payors, NYS DOH or Center for Medicare/Medicaid Services.
- Follows established evidence based practices and assures good quality patient care.
- Must build a patient population base to generate revenue to cover salary & expenses.