Our nephrology practice is seeking a board-certified nephrologist to join our team full time. The successful applicant will work with one other nephrologist and two nurse practitioners. Compensation is above average and depends in part on experience.
- Provides health care to patients including diagnosis of nephrology conditions such as kidney disease, kidney failure, diabetic disorders, hypertension.
- Obtains medical histories, performs physical examinations, and makes diagnosis, and orders appropriate, standard laboratory and diagnostic procedures as necessary.
- Evaluates procedure results. Provides preventative as well as acute care.
- Provides continuity of care by developing and implementing patients’ plan of care.
- Provides patient education about underlying medical condition, self-management of acute or chronic illnesses and tailors instructions to patients’ individual circumstances.
- Instructs and counsels patients regarding therapeutic regimens, promoting wellness and health maintenance.
- Prescribes medications.
- Documents exam and progress notes in the Electronic Medical Record. Provides referral letters as needed.
- Collects, monitors and reports on patient outcomes.
- Ensure HIPAA guidelines are followed at all times.
- Responsible for the conduct and care given by other clinical office staff including nurses, medical assistants and technologists. The physician is the head of the clinical team.
- Responsible for conduct and patient interaction of shadowing medical students, physician extenders and nursing interns.
- Responsible for meeting quality benchmarks established by Population Health, Payors, NYS DOH or Center for Medicare/Medicaid Services.
- Follows established evidence based practices and assures good quality patient care.
- Must build a patient population base to generate revenue to cover salary & expenses.