This is an opening for the front desk of a busy practice. You are the first point of contact with the patients.
Essential Job Functions:
- Perform all necessary receptionist duties including answering, screening and
- Routing of phone calls. Take appropriate messages and ensure the proper delivery of those messages.
- Be polite and courteous at all times.
- Be able to triage phone calls and determine if urgent, give call to physician or nurse immediately.
- Greet and register each patient as they arrive.
- Verify patient demographics and insurance information into the EMR.
- Collect any necessary co-payments.
- Notify the provider/staff of patients’ arrival.
- Schedule patient appointments.
- Schedule any services or procedures as needed.
- Maintain/prepare patient charts and physician schedule.
- Open and close office, if needed.
- Ensure HIPAA & OSHA guidelines are followed at all times.