Responsible for the coordination of the front reception area in regards to the professional services while ensuring the highest level of patient satisfaction and care.
Essential Job Functions:
- Perform all necessary receptionist duties including the answering, screening and the routing of phone calls. Take appropriate messages and ensure the proper delivery of those messages.
- Greet and register each patient as they arrive
- Verify patient demographics and insurance information.
- Schedule patient appointments and obtain any necessary documentation that may be required for such appointment.
- Enters patient data into the electronic health records as well as documenting the payment into the patient's electronic medical record at the time of service.
- Schedule ancillary services and other procedures
- Maintain patient charts and filing into EMR system
- Prepare patient charts, physician schedules, and confirm appointments one day prior to scheduled appointment
- Able to utilize all software available to assist in professional services including SPM, Cerner and Microsoft Word.
- Verify and counsel patients regarding their insurance benefits.
- Collect payments from patients.
- Obtains authorizations for ancillary tests and medical procedures.
- Responsible for coordinating and processing of all patient referrals including specialty and ancillary services.
- Utilizes a high degree of accuracy in obtaining and verifying that registration, demographic and insurance information is correct and up to date.
- Follows procedures for proper authorization and processing of all referral services.
- Supports physicians and patients in synchronizing appointments, authorizations and tests taking place in different practices.
- Communicates with patient and practice to ensure follow through with referrals.
- Ensure patient results and correspondences are reviewed by the physician(s) and appropriate follow up is performed according to the physician (s) direction
- Ensure HIPAA guidelines are followed
- Type various letters, reports or any other correspondence
- Necessary cross training to provide coverage for the office as needed