Under general supervision, reviews, analyzes and assures the final diagnoses and procedures as stated by the practicing providers are valid and complete. Accurately codes office and hospital procedures for providers to ensure proper reimbursement. Provides education to the providers to ensure proper documentation and assignment of ICD-10-CDM, HCPCS and CPT codes. ?Reports to the Coding Operations Supervisor.
- Audits records to ensure proper submission of services prior to billing on pre-determined selected charges.
- Receives hospital information to properly bill provider services for hospital patients.
- Supplies correct ICD-10-CM diagnosis codes on all diagnoses provided.
- Supplies correct HCPCS code on all procedures and services performed.
- Supplies correct CPT code on all procedures and services performed.
- Contacts providers to train and update them with correct coding information.
- Attends seminars and in-services as required to remain current on coding issues.
- Audits medical records to ensure proper coding is completed and to ensure compliance with federal and state regulatory bodies.
- Accurately follows coding guidelines and legal requirements to ensure compliance with federal and state regulatory bodies.
- Maintains all mandatory in-services.
- Maintains compliance standards in accordance with the Compliance policies. Reports compliance problems appropriately.
- Determines the final diagnoses and procedures stated by the physician or other health care providers are valid and complete.
- Quantitative analysis - Performs a comprehensive review for the record to assure the presence of all component parts such as: patient and record identification, signatures and dates where required, and all other necessary data in the presence of all reports which appear to be indicated by the nature of the treatment rendered.
- Qualitative analysis - Evaluates the record for documentation consistency and adequacy. Ensures that the final diagnosis accurately reflects the care and treatment rendered. Reviews the records for compliance with established reimbursement and special screening criteria.
- Analyzes provider documentation to assure the appropriate Evaluation & Management (E&M) levels are assigned using the correct CPT code
- Reviews department edits in billing software and make any corrections based on supported documentation and medical necessary.
Benefits,401K, PTO, Life Insurance. Office in Commack. Hybrid position after 3 months probation.