The Medical Biller is a key member of the revenue cycle team. The biller participates in the data entry of billing information to ensure accurate and timely billing submissions.
- Review and compare provider office schedules to electronic charge batches.
- Approve charges for claim release
- Report missing charges/documentation to supervisor and/or provider
- Manual charge posting as needed for hospital, SNF, etc.
- Review and/or work edit work files and send to appropriate party for coding review, physician review or supervisor review in a timely manner.
- Update patient demographic and insurance information when needed
- Answer incoming patient, provider and insurance calls
- Review automated eligibility files and run manual eligibility as needed to confirm insurance coverage
- Update patient accounts with collection agency activity
- Provide weekly updates to supervisors on all services and issues
- Must be able to recognize and establish priorities and provide coverage of other areas as necessary
- Must understand and uphold HIPAA regulations
- Must communicate effectively and professionally through written correspondence and personal conversations
- Responsible for all Cryo storage billing