SUMMARY: The medical receptionist/medical assistant will assist the department with coordination of the daily operations of the front desk, and other duties to ensure efficient work flow and patient care.
Job Duties & Essential Functions:
- Utilize Electronic Medical Record (EMR) and/or other systems for check-in/check-out processes including verifying patient demographics, insurance information, obtaining patient signatures on applicable patient forms, and have the patient complete any paperwork associated with the visit.
- Enter/scan patient data into the EMR.
- Collect any necessary payments and process accordingly.
- Facilitate patient flow by notifying the provider of patients’ arrival, delays or backlogs and communicate with other staff and/or patients as necessary.
- Schedule patient appointments and remind the patients of any necessary documentation that may be required for their appointment.
- Schedule any services or procedures as needed.
- Obtain/retrieve referrals/authorizations/eligibility verification that may be required.
- Keep office supplies adequately stocked by anticipating inventory needs and placing orders or advising office manager of items needed.
- Place patients in the examination rooms and document using the electronic medical record, medications, vitals and main reason for visit.
- Perform screening and measuring procedures, which include but are not limited to, height, weight, blood pressure, pulse, temperature, EKG.
- Obtain previous test results from outside labs, radiology, physicians’ offices, etc.
- Prepare rooms after each patient and for specific procedures as needed.
- Ensure the cleanliness and adequate supply of medical inventory in each exam room.
- Ensure HIPAA and OSHA guidelines are followed at all times.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by management.