Skip to main content
- Place patients in the examination rooms and document for physician the medications, vitals and main reason for the visit.
- Perform screening and measuring procedures which may include, height, weight, blood pressure, pulse, temperature, EKG.
- Assist the physician with special procedures and examinations as needed.
- Collect blood or other laboratory specimens as requested by the physician.
- Perform routine laboratory tests.
- Prepare and administer medications and/or immunizations as directed by a physician.
- Obtain previous test results from outside labs, radiology, doctor’s offices, etc.
- Explain treatment procedures, medications, diets and physicians instructions to patient in a clear and effective manner.
- Clean and sterilize instruments and dispose of contaminated supplies.
- Maintain an adequate supply of medical inventory in each exam room.
- Ensure the cleanliness of each exam room. Prep rooms after each patient and for specific procedures as needed.
- Maintain the organization of the medication closet and track inventory of medications.
- Order medications and medical supplies as needed.
- Ensure HIPAA guidelines are followed at all times.
- Perform administrative duties when needed; answering phones, scheduling appointments.
Back to All Jobs