General Purpose :
Responsible for the daily coordination and care requirements of patients with all clinical aspects for the Internal Medical Practice to ensure the highest level of patient satisfaction and care.
- Perform screening and measuring procedures according to protocol. This may include, but is not limited to vitals of height, weight, blood pressure, pulse, temperature, EKG. Record findings in the electronic medical record (EMR) Cerner system.
- Compassionate towards patients with strong communication skills
- Detail orientated to keep track of multiple patients
- Review medications and allergies with patients and record pharmacy information for each patient for E-Prescribing.
- Prepare and administer injections
- Draw blood when necessary
- Care and changing dressings
- Collection of Specimens
- Maintain inventory and ordering medical supplies
- Maintain Patient Confidentiality
- Review facility assessment reports and/or outside physician documentation.
- Review Transition of Care facility documentation and reach out to patients on discharge instructions
- Schedule ancillary services and other procedures as needed.
- Call in renewal of prescriptions as directed by Physician
- Calibrate spirometer equipment that at least once a week.
- Follow up with patient upon completion of authorization to provide authorization information to the patient.
- Secure all medication/needles to be in locked cabinet
- Ensure patient results and correspondences are reviewed in a timely manner by the physician and appropriate follow up is performed according to the physician’s direction
- Maintain an adequate supply of inventory in each of the exam rooms while ensuring the cleanliness of the examination room
- Maintain the organization of the sample medication closet to be clean and organized. Ensure logging and end of day security.
- Assist in scanning of medical documentation such as EKG, Spirometer, etc.
- Ensure HIPAA guidelines are followed