General Purpose :
Responsible for the daily coordination of the clinical aspects of the medical office practice to ensure the highest level of patient care.
- Place patients in the examination rooms and document for the physician the medication log , vitals and the main reason for the visit in the Electronic Medical Record (EMR).
- Record Vital Signs(blood pressure, pulse, temperature) and measurements of height and weight, in the EMR.
- Assist the physician with special procedures and physical exams.
- Schedule ancillary services and other procedures as needed.
- Maintain the patient charts and scan documents into the EMR.
- Ensure patient results and correspondences are reviewed in a timely manner by the physician and appropriate according to the physician's orders.
- Maintain an adequate supply of inventory in each of the exam room while ensuring the cleanliness of the examination rooms.
- Maintain the organization of the sample medication closet.
- Ensure HIPAA guidelines are followed.
- Cross train to provide coverage for the office as needed.