Cardiac Technician Position Description
Under general supervision, works directly with patients to provide ICD device analysis, detection of problems and initiation of interventions. ?Performs a variety of functions related to implanted cardiac device management. Performs implant site checks for outpatients, including device troubleshooting and pre-emptive care. Provides assessment, and follow up instruction and care to patients with implanted devices. Performs pacemaker parameter testing and calculation of data and recognition of potential life threatening cardiac irregularities.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Obtains patient history, answers patient questions and explains procedures.
- Enters and/or retrieves data from established computer files fusing knowledge of various computer software applications.
- Performs and records pacemaker analysis and event monitor recordings.
- Must be able to interpret device analysis and notify Nurse Practitioner with any abnormality.
- Takes appropriate and immediate action when abnormal results are identified.
- Submits all diagnostic testing to Nurse Practitioner for interpretation and files to EMR.
- Schedules patient appointments within established parameters.
- Stays current with new ICD/PM devices and technology.
- Ensure HIPAA guidelines are followed at all times.