The role of the Ambulatory Training Specialist is to develop, deliver and evaluate robust training and reference materials for practice staff and clinical support staff. The Training Specialist will lead on-site, classroom and virtual training and refresher courses. As a training specialist, you will work with our physicians, nurse practitioners, physician assistants and other staff to ensure that our EMR enhances physician productivity and the delivery of patient care.
Essential Job Functions:
- Be able to interact with practice personnel to facilitate training on the EMR.
- Keen understanding of clinical workflows and how software can aid in patient care. Develop, prepare, and lead training sessions in group and one-on-one settings.
- Create and maintain learning curriculum for new and existing staff.
- Work with management to provide communications on system updates.
- Create e-learning tips and training materials.
- Document, provide feedback, answer questions, and provide enhancement requests.
- Travel to sites to provide on-site support.
- Identify opportunities for process and quality improvement for patient flow.
- Identify ongoing training needs.
- Determine appropriate interventions and coordinates with practice leadership and other key stakeholders to monitor trends and improvement initiatives.
- This role will also assist in supporting operational strategies, initiatives through the ambulatory network with a key focus on patient access, specifical clinical and front-end workflows and patient experience.
- Provide excellent customer service.