The Senior Network Engineer will design, deploy, and support all relevant networking technologies (hardware, software, protocols) including: LAN, WAN, WLAN, Load Balancing, routers, switches and the underlying networking components supporting modern voice systems. The Senior Network Engineer will provide technical oversight and guidance to Network Administrators in the analysis, design, engineering, testing, documentation, implementation, maintenance, and operation of network components. Provide design and support to other IT departments and business customers.
Qualified candidates will possess outstanding communication skills while adhering to our high standard of excellence. They will be a team player with the ability to work independently.
Essential Job Functions:
Duties may include the following but are not limited to:
- Manage the hardware and software lifecycle to maintain appropriate technical currency for networking technologies. Create and maintain technology Roadmaps.
- Evaluate and provide recommendations of overall network requirements for performance, availability, utilization and reliability.
- Design, implement, tune and manage networking technology. Track and report usage and utilization.
- Provide Level 2 and Level 3 support of the Corporate networks and networking components of voice systems.
- Analyze technical architectures and provide guidance on systems performance improvements as impacted by network architecture.
- Analyze statistical data for capacity planning, reporting, and recommendations for network upgrades as input to budget planning.
- Analyze project requirements and design appropriate solutions.
- Manage projects and communicate project status to balance of Network Team, project leaders and management.
- Coordinate and oversee vendor installations and maintenance.
- Maintain currency with trends and best practices in information technology.
- Share information and knowledge and cross-train with I/S colleagues.
- Leverage technical knowledge of operating systems, computers and networks,
- Support the business customer and IS colleagues as required to ensure mutual success
- Review, analyze, and make cost saving recommendations for all networking technologies.
- Assist, oversee and/or create and maintain networking related documentation.
- On call support as needed.