Skip to main content
- Provides health care to patients including diagnosis and treatment as team leader.
- Obtains medical histories, performs physical examinations, and makes diagnosis, and orders appropriate, standard laboratory and diagnostic procedures as necessary.
- Evaluates procedure results. Provides preventative as well as acute care.
- Provides continuity of care by developing and implementing patients? plan of care.
- Provides patient education about underlying medical condition, self-management of acute or chronic illnesses and tailors instructions to patients? individual circumstances.
- Instructs and counsels patients regarding therapeutic regimens, promoting wellness and health maintenance.
- Prescribes medications.
- Documents exam and progress notes in the Electronic Medical Record. Provides referral letters as needed.
- Collects, monitors and reports on patient outcomes.
- Ensure HIPAA guidelines are followed at all times.
- Responsible for the conduct and care given by other clinical office staff including nurses, medical assistants and technologists. The physician is the head of the clinical team.
- Responsible for conduct and patient interaction of shadowing medical students, physician extenders and nursing interns.
- Responsible for meeting quality benchmarks established by Population Health, Payors, NYS DOH or Center for Medicare/Medicaid Services.
- Follows established evidence based practices and assures good quality patient care.
- Must build a patient population base to generate revenue to cover salary & expenses.
Back to All Jobs