Why You'll Love This Job!
Have you been searching for a rewarding position within a company where everyone is friendly and supportive? Do you have at least one year of prior experience in a medical office, an outgoing demeanor, and the ability to successfully prioritize and juggle multiple tasks? If so, you are needed at Stony Brook Community Medical as our Medical Receptionist!
As Medical receptionist, you would be the first to warmly greet and welcome our patients as they walk through the door, notify staff of their arrival and collect the necessary patient information. In addition, you would answer all calls to the office and route them according to importance, collect payments, and follow all HIPAA guidelines.
If you are looking to advance your career to the next level, join our team of professionals at Stony Brook Community Medical! Apply for our Medical Receptionist position today!
- Perform all necessary receptionist duties including answering, screening and routing of phone calls.
- Take appropriate messages and ensure the proper delivery of those messages.
- Be polite and courteous.
- Be able to triage phone calls and determine if urgent, give call to physician or nurse immediately.
- Greet and register each patient as they arrive.
- Verify patient demographics and insurance information into the EMR.
- Collect any necessary co-payments. Notify the provider/staff of patients’ arrival.
- Schedule patient appointments.
- Schedule any services or procedures as needed.
- Maintain/prepare patient charts and physician schedule.
- Open and close office, if needed.
- Ensure HIPAA guidelines are consistently followed.
- Knowledge of Medical Terminology.
- Understanding of various insurance plans and the need for authorization/referrals.
- Computer and/or EMR experience.
- At least one year of prior work experience in a medical office.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to multitask.
- Attention to detail.