Why You'll Love This Job!
Are you searching for a rewarding position with a medical office where everyone is friendly and supportive? Does a career that places you within a creative and innovative climate sound great? If so, consider joining Stony Brook Community Medical as our Medical Receptionist!
Join an upbeat team of professionals, working together toward success. Build on your leadership skills and increase your knowledge base under the guidance of a top-notch leadership. As a Stony Brook Medical Receptionist, you will receive competitive pay, paid holidays, profit sharing, a 401k, medical insurance that includes dental and vision, and a flex spending account.
Advance your career to the next level at Stony Brook Community Medical! Apply for our Medical Receptionist position today!
Medical Receptionist Responsibilities
- Answer, screen and route incoming calls
- Greet and register patients; notify the provider/staff of arrival
- Verify patient demographics and insurance information
- Collect co-payments; schedule patient appointments
- Schedule any needed services or procedures
- Maintain/prepare patient charts and physician schedule
- Open and close office, if needed
- Ensure HIPAA guidelines are consistently followed
Medical Receptionist Qualifications
- At least one year of experience in a medical office
- Knowledge of Medical Terminology
- Understanding of various insurance plans and the need for authorization/referrals
- Computer and/or EMR experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to multitask; attention to detail