Skip to main content
- Perform all necessary receptionist duties including answering, screening and routing of phone calls.
- Take appropriate messages and ensure the proper delivery of those messages. Be polite and courteous at all times.
- Be able to triage phone calls and determine if urgent, give call to physician or nurse immediately.
- Keep reception area clean and organized.
- Greet and register each patient as they arrive.
- Verify patient demographics and insurance information.
- Enter patient?s data into the EMR.
- Collect any necessary co-payments and process accordingly.
- Facilitate patient flow by notifying the provider of patients? arrival, delays or backlogs and communicate this with other staff and patients, if need be.
- Schedule patient appointments and obtain any necessary documentation that may be required for such an appointment.
- Schedule any services or procedures as needed.
- Obtain referrals/authorizations that may be required for scheduled appointments/procedures. This varies by insurance plan.
- Maintain/prepare patient charts, physician schedules and confirm appointments one day prior to scheduled appointment.
- Telephone patients if there is a change in the physician?s schedule and/or appointment needs to be rescheduled.
- Keep medical office supplies adequately stocked by anticipating inventory needs and placing orders or advising office manager.
- Open and close office, if needed.
- Ensure HIPAA guidelines are followed at all times.
Back to All Jobs