Why You'll Love This Job!
Are you a Medical Assistant looking to advance your career within a fast-paced, innovative practice? Are you well-versed in medical terminology and able to easily prioritize multiple tasks? If you are interested in providing top-of-the-line quality care to each patient who walks through our doors, Stony Brook Community Medical wants you in our Medical Assistant position!
As a Medical Assistant on our team, you would receive the support you need as you carry out a variety of duties such as assisting physicians, performing lab testing, documenting patient information and preparing patients for exams, all designed to provide the most quality of care.
Apply today for our Medical Assistant role today to head toward a brighter future where you can showcase your skills and experience!
- Place patients in the examination rooms and, for physician, document the medications, vitals and main reason for the visit.
- Record vital signs including height, weight, blood pressure, pulse & temperature.
- Enter patient information into the Electronic Medical Record.
- Assist the physician with special procedures and examinations as needed.
- Collect blood or other laboratory specimens as requested by the physician.
- Perform routine laboratory tests and EKGs.
- Obtain previous test results from outside labs, radiology, doctor’s offices, etc.
- Explain treatment procedures, medications, diets and physician's instructions to patient in a clear and effective manner.
- Clean and sterilize instruments, and dispose of contaminated supplies.
- Maintain an adequate inventory of medical supplies in each exam room.
- Ensure the cleanliness of each exam room, and prep rooms after each patient and for specific procedures as needed.
- Order medical supplies as needed.
- Ensure HIPAA guidelines are followed.
- Perform administrative duties when needed: answering phones, scheduling appointments.
- At least 1 year of prior experience working as a Medical Assistant in a busy physician practice.
- Certification as Medical Assistant.
- Certification in Phlebotomy.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Knowledge of clerical and clinical practices, and procedures.
- Computer and/or EMR experience.
- Competency in performing EKGs.