Responsible for assisting physicians with patient care and handling clerical, environmental and organizational tasks.
- Check schedules, organize patient flow, room patients.
- Collect patient history including medications and reason for visit, chart in EMR, relay information
- Check vital signs (blood pressure, pulse, temperature), measure height and weight
- Set up equipment, maintain cleanliness of exam rooms, order supplies, keep exam rooms stocked
- Assist with minor procedures, handle specimens
- Send and receive medical records, obtain lab & test results
- Ensure patient results are reviewed by physician in a timely manner, provide appropriate followup as directed
- Follow HIPAA guidelines
- Other duties as necessary