Responsible for performing a variety of duties that may be both clinical and administrative tasks. This includes assisting physicians with patient care and handling clerical, environmental and organizational tasks. Expected to provide information to patients so that they benefit from the clinical services.
- Check schedules, organize patient flow, room patients.
- Collect patient history including medications and reason for visit, chart in EMR, relay information
- Check vital signs (blood pressure, pulse, temperature), measure height and weight.
- Set up equipment, maintain cleanliness of exam rooms, order supplies, keep exam rooms stocked
- Assist with minor procedures, handle specimens.
- Send and receive medical records, obtain lab & test Results
- Ensure patient results are reviewed by physician in a timely manner, provide appropriate followup as directed
- Follow HIPAA guidelines
- Other duties as necessary