General Purpose :
Responsible for the daily coordination of the clinical aspects of the medical office while collaborating with the front desk scheduling to ensure the highest level of patient satisfaction and care.
- Evaluate lead Medical Assistant for need of placing patients in the examination rooms and document for the physician the medication log , vitals and the main reason for the visit in Cerner EMR
- Perform screening and measuring procedures according to protocol. This may include, but is not limited to height, weight, blood pressure, pulse, temperature. Record findings in the electronic medical record (EMR) Cerner system. Record pharmacy information for each patient for E-Prescribing.
- Assist the Lead Medical Assistant with flow of the physician to comply with schedule
- Draw blood when necessary. Copy patient insurance card to attach to requisition.
- Maintain room cleanliness.
- Assist in obtaining radiology reports, assessment reports and or outside physician documentation..
- Schedule ancillary services and other procedures as needed.
- Maintain, scan patient charts into EMR
- Call in renewal of prescriptions as directed by Physician. Review with physician for any changes needed.
- Secure all medication/needles to be in locked cabinet
- Ensure patient results and correspondences are reviewed in a timely manner by the physician and appropriate follow up is performed according to the physician’s direction
- Cover lunch schedules of Medical Assistants
- Assist in scanning of medical documentation.
- Ensure HIPAA guidelines are followed
- Schedule patients for appointments, if needed.
- Front desk intake of patients for registration and exit for appointments
Education and Experience
- At least three years of prior experience working as a Medical Assistant in a busy physician practice.
- Certification in Medical Assistant
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Knowledge of both clerical and clinical practices and procedures
- Candidate should have excellent computer skills and some knowledge of using an electronic medical record and various other computer applications needed to perform the job.