We are looking for a LPN to work in a private office setting which requires specialized knowledge, clinical judgment and nursing skills. The LPN is part of a team using patient care skills to meet established practice guidelines, office policies and regulatory standards, under supervision of the physician assistant, nurse practitioner or physician.
Essential Job Functions:
- Places patients in the exam room and documents for physician the reason for visit.
- Measures patients height, weight, blood pressure, pulse and temperature.
- Gather/enter/update patient information in the EMR.
- Assist physician with special procedures and examinations.
- Process lab specimens as requested by the physician.
- Prepare and administer vaccines and medications on physician’s orders.
- Obtain results from outside labs, radiology and other doctor’s offices.
- Provide patient education for treatments, medications, diets and physician instructions.
- Stock rooms with medical supplies and medications. Inventory and order supplies.
- Call patients when ordered by the physician.
- Observe patient confidentiality in accordance with HIPPA.
- Complete other tasks as directed by physician.