General Purpose :
Responsible for the daily coordination of the clinical aspects of the medical office while collaborating with the front desk scheduling to ensure the highest level of patient satisfaction and care.
- Place patients in the examination rooms and document for the physician the medication log , vitals and the main reason for the visit in Cerner EMR
- Perform screening and measuring procedures according to protocol. This may include, but is not limited to height, weight, blood pressure, pulse, temperature, EKG.
- Record findings in the electronic medical record (EMR) Cerner system.
- Record pharmacy information for each patient for E-Prescribing.
- Assist with flow of the physician to comply with schedule
- Draw blood when necessary.
- Maintain room cleanliness.
- Assist in obtaining radiology reports, assessment reports and or outside physician documentation..
- Schedule ancillary services and other procedures as needed.
- Maintain, scan patient charts into EMR
- Call in renewal of prescriptions as directed by Physician. Review with physician for any changes needed.
- Secure all medication/needles to be in locked cabinet
- Ensure patient results and correspondences are reviewed in a timely manner by the physician and appropriate follow up is performed according to the physician’s direction
- Cover lunch schedules of Medical Assistants
- Assist in scanning of medical documentation such as EKG, Spirometer, etc.
- Ensure HIPAA guidelines are followed
- Necessary cross training to schedule patients for appointments.
- Front desk intake of patients for registration and exit for appointments
Education and Experience
- At least three years of prior experience working as a Medical Assistant in a busy physician practice.
- Certification in Medical Assistant
- Certification in Phlebotomy
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Knowledge of both clerical and clinical practices and procedures
- Candidate should have excellent computer skills and some knowledge of using an electronic medical record and various other computer applications needed to perform the job
- Skills and competency in performing the EKG’s