Supervisor: Executive Director
Supervisory Responsibilities: Clinical Staff
The Clinical Operations Manager manages and coordinates clinical services for multiple physician office sites. Establishes work procedures and standards to improve efficiency and effectiveness in the offices. Supervises medical staff to ensure quality patient care. Provides input to strategic decisions that affect the practices. Acts as a liaison between the clinical staff and administration. This positon manages the clinical wellbeing of the healthcare facilities, implements policy and manages the medical staff as well as assists with IT/EMR support.
- Oversees the daily clinical functioning of the healthcare centers/practices.
- Provides strategic planning and maintains the stability of the practices; being able to predict future logistical needs. Liaison with senior management and assists in the development of strategic plans for clinical activity and then implements and manages those clinical plans.
- Demonstrates proficiency in information technology and EMR systems. Provides technical support by working with the IT department as necessary.
- Implements policies to ensure patient’s safety and quality care and insures that rules and policies are enforced.
- Is able to works as a liaison for the practices supporting their needs by working with IT, HR, accounting/finance and marketing.
- Supervises and evaluates healthcare facility staff.
- Works with Human Resources to organize recruitment and placement of required staff. Supervises clinical staff and monitors and evaluates performance.
- Cultivates an efficient and safe environment for both the staff and the patients at the practice.
- Replaces failing and outdated equipment and ensures that the practice has adequate amounts of supplies as needed.
- Collects significant data and uses that date to improve patient care.
- Communicates on a regular basis with medical staff to create an efficient work environment.
- Assesses problems and must be able to make decisions to resolve problems quickly.
- Enforces polices and oversees the staff’s compliance to policies.
- Works directly with Director of Operations.
- Analyzes daily workflow of clinical practice staff and implements changes as necessary.
- Develops, changes and implements clinical policies and procedures.
- Works with Practice Administrators to address any clinical needs as they arise.
- Ability to work under minimum supervision and demonstrate strong initiative.
- Ability to supervise and train employees, to include organizing, prioritizing and scheduling work assignments to meet practice timelines.
- Ability to deal in an organized manner with problems involving multiple variables within the scope of the position.
- Ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant.
- Ability to recognize, evaluate, solve problems and correct errors, and to develop processes that eliminate redundancy.
- Ability to conceptualize work flow, develop plans, and implement appropriate actions.
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing, over the telephone, and in person.
- Ability to express expectations and give strong feedback for future operations effectively.
- Ability to delegate tasks.
- Ability to cultivate a positive work environment and a positive group dynamic utilizing group collaboration and open discussions.
- Flexible to work in a fast-paced environment and alter plans quickly.
- Must be extremely organized to maximize efficiency.
- Strong problem solver who is able to respond to diverse set of issues using critical thinking.
- Good conflict management skills and stress tolerance.