We are a young, growing practice looking to add a BC/BE non-invasive cardiologist to a dynamic group in Suffolk County, Long Island. The practice is a division of Stony Brook Community Medical, PC. Expect to have busy office and hospital practice at two beautiful practice locations in close proximity to Stony Brook University and area hospitals. Echo, nuclear and vascular interpretation are anticipated. Practice values physician lifestyle, while maintaining excellent salary and benefits. Our goal is to provide the community with a quality care, cutting-edge treatments and personalized attention.
• Provides health care to patients including diagnosis and treatment as team leader.
• Obtains medical histories, performs physical examinations, and makes diagnosis, and orders appropriate, standard laboratory and diagnostic procedures as necessary.
• Evaluates procedure results. Provides preventative as well as acute care.
• Provides continuity of care by developing and implementing patients’ plan of care.
• Provides patient education about underlying medical condition, self-management of acute or chronic illnesses and tailors instructions to patients’ individual circumstances.
• Instructs and counsels patients regarding therapeutic regimens, promoting wellness and health maintenance.
• Prescribes medications.
• Documents exam and progress notes in the Electronic Medical Record. Provides referral letters as needed.
• Collects, monitors and reports on patient outcomes.
• Share night and weekend call coverage with other physicians in a call group.
• Ensure HIPAA guidelines are followed at all times.
• Responsible for the conduct and care given by other clinical office staff including nurses, medical assistants and technologists. The physician is the head of the clinical team.
• Responsible for conduct and patient interaction of shadowing medical students, physician extenders and nursing interns.
• Responsible for meeting quality benchmarks established by Population Health, Payors, NYS DOH or Center for Medicare/Medicaid Services.
• Follows established evidence based practices and assures good quality patient care.
Our network of community-based physicians work closely with experts at Stony Brook Medicine, Stony Brook University Hospital, affiliate community hospitals and with other medical professionals to enhance the coordination of the medical care we provide to each and every patient in the communities we all serve.