Act as a central point of communication among providers, patients and other team members of our team. Incumbent schedules patients for provider appointments and diagnostic testing utilizing knowledge of medical terminology and practice policies and protocols. Troubleshoots patient concerns and routes calls to the appropriate staff member when needed.
Essential Job Functions:
- Answer large volume of calls promptly.
- Screen all calls for urgency and handle all calls with confidence, compassion and efficiency.
- Schedules patient appointments and diagnostic testing for all providers.
- Collect and verify patient demographic information as well as verify insurance when appropriate.
- Accurately records patient messages and routes them to the provider or appropriate team member.
- Reviews and maintains provider’s schedules according to practice guidelines to ensure patients are scheduled appropriately.