The Accounts Payable Clerk is part of the SB Administrative Services Accounting Department which provides management support services to the rapidly expanding Medical Practices that are Stony Brook Community Medical, PC. This is a non-exempt position responsible for compiling and maintaining accounts payable records.
Essential Job Functions:
Reviews all invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment.
- Duties include reviewing, coding, processing and entering invoices on a daily basis.
- Coordinate with administrators for missing documentation.
- Review vendor invoices to ensure proper sales tax is calculated
- Reports any discrepancies to the Assistant Corporate Controller.
- Schedule and prepare payment batches for disbursement.
- Verify vendor accounts by reconciling monthly account statements and all related transactions.
- Resolve any purchase order, invoice or payment discrepancies.
- Prepare Ad Hoc projects as needed
- Acts as liaison between corporate and Practice Administrators.
- Answers all vendor inquiries.
- Maintains all accounts payable reports, spreadsheets and corporate accounts payable files.
- Prepares cleared checks for storage.
- Assembles and processes overnight shipments to practices and vendors.
- Assists in monthly closings.
- Prepares analysis of accounts, as required.
- Performs filing and copying.